Administrators can create custom roles that are more or less restrictive than the standard roles included by default. Please see Roles and Permissions for more details on standard roles and permissions that can be assigned to users.
For example, to restrict a user to only managing Products a custom ProductManager role could be created that contains only the ProductRead and ProductWrite permissions.
Create Custom Role
Only those users with the Admin role can create custom roles.
To create a custom role:
- Click on the Settings icon on the top navigation bar and select Manage Users.
- Click the Manage Roles button to display Manage Roles dialog.
- Click on the New button to open new role dialog.
- Enter a Name (and optionally a Description) for the role and Save.
- Select the new role in the list of roles and click Edit.
- Add one or more permissions to the role using the relevant checkboxes.
- Click Save.