To view view all current allocations of licensed resources to protected applications select the Usages tab in the Distributor main menu.
Usage by Product
Usage is displayed by product:
- If there are licenses for only one product installed the usages page will by default immediately present the active usages, if any, for that product.
- If there are license for more than one product installed then you will need to click the Select link for the required product to view the usages for that product.
The usage data can be set to autorefresh by setting an autorefresh interval . Autorefresh is off by default.
The following usage information is displayed per product:
- Total Resources: Number of simultaneous instances of the license application allowed for the selected product version
- Available Resources: Number of available simultaneous instances to which features may be allocated.
In addition, the following details are displayed for each allocation or check out to an application instance:
- Allocated To: The device on which the the licensed application is running
- User: The user account under which the licensed application is running (only for named user licenses)
- Remaining: Indicates the time remaining on the allocation; dynamic allocations are for a maximum of 2 mins but checkouts can be for days or longer
- Details: A link to display the details of the features included in the allocation
In the following example, Distributor has 1 license installed that allows a maximum of 4 concurrent application instances, of which 3 are still available for allocation.
When the protected application is executing a protected feature, the Usages page will then show that the feature has been allocated to a given application instance (for the default 2 minute duration).