The customer portal allows your customers to manage all assigned licenses i.e. licenses issued to the customer in the Software Potential service.
Once you have created a Customer you can invite the customer to create a portal account. When you invite your customer to register for a portal account the customer is sent an email that contains a link to a registration page. The customer has 24 hrs within which to complete the registration process, after which the invitation expires.
A user logged in as an Admin will automatically see the Invite Customers option under Consume in the main navigation. However, all other users that need to Invite Customers will need the appropriate CustomerPortalInvite permission. (See Roles and Permission for more details.)
To invite a customer to register:
- Select Consume then the Invite Customer option in the main navigation.
- Select the customer to be invited from the list of customers displayed and click the Invite (envelope) icon.
Only those customers with Not Invited or Expired Invitation status may be sent an email invitation. While an invitation is pending (i.e. not expired) it is not possible to issue another invitation to the customer. When an invitation expires it is possible to issue a new invitation to the customer using the same email or a different email as appropriate.
- Enter the Email of the user to be invited in the Invite Customer form and click the Send Invite button.
- To quickly invite further customers in the Invite Customer form:
- Select the next customer to be invited in Customer drop down
- Enter the required email address and click the Send Invite button.
The new invitation will show a status of Pending. When the customer accepts the invitation and creates a portal account the status of the invitation will change from Pending to Redeemed. If the invitation expires its status will change to Expired Invitation.
Create Portal Account
To create a portal account, on receipt of the email invitation your customer must:
- Click on the invitation link in the email to go to the registration page.
- Enter UserName, Password, and a password reset Email, and click Register button.
- On successful registration click the Proceed button to enter the portal.