You may need to upgrade your SpAgent runtime occasionally to avail of new features or bug fixes. To do this you will need to:
- Update your Permutation - generating new NuGet packages containing the latest version of the runtime and tooling and
- Update the NuGet packages in the various projects to be upgraded to the latest runtime version.
To update your permutation follow the instructions in Manage Permutations. When the Permutation is updated a new version of the corresponding NuGet packages, containing the update SpAgent runtime components, are available on the Software Potential NuGet feed. In Visual Studio you can then use the NuGet Package Manager, or the NuGet Console if you prefer command line interface, to update the packages in your projects.
Update NuGet Packages
To update the NuGet packages in a project using the NuGet Package Manager:
- Right click the Project in Solution Explorer and select Manage NuGet Packages option
- Ensure the Software Potential NuGet feed is configured.
- Select the Updates link (which should indicate that updates are available for one or more NuGet packages installed in the project)
- Select each of the Software Potential packages to update and click Install button in the right-hand panel.
Once all packages have been updated you can view the installed package versions by clicking on the Installed link - this will display all installed NuGet packages and their versions.
Please ensure you update all Software Potential NuGet packages at the same time, apart from the Licensing package. (The latter is only updated when changes are made to the Product definition in Software Potential e.g. features are added or removed.