To avail of the SpAgent Runtime features/fixes included in this release you will need to update your current permutation and install the required NuGet packages in your solution.
Software Potential Service
- Control Execution on Windows Server OS : When issuing a standalone or removable license it is now possible to prevent the license being activated or used on a Windows Server operating system.
This is done by unchecking the Allowed Execution On Windows Server OS check box in the Environment and Locking section of Standalone and Removable licenses. By default this check box is checked, allowing the license to be activated/used on a Windows Server OS.
This checkbox can also be unchecked when creating a Standalone or Removable license SKU.
You will need to update your permutation and then update your SpAgent NuGet packages to avail of this feature in your application.
- Set initial machine option for Distributor license: By default activations of a Distributor license are restricted to Initial Machine on which it was activated. This means the license can only be activated on one machine, unless deactivated.
As of this release, it is now possible to remove this restriction by unchecking the Initial Device checkbox in the Distributed panel.
- Web API GetSkuByFilter Returns TemplateLicenseKey : When retrieving SKU details using GetSkuByFilter web API, the SKU TemplateLicenseKey is now returned in the SKU object. See GetSkuByFilter online API documentation for more details. (The TemplateLicenseKey is required to call the legacy web API IssueLicenseByTemplate).
- Control Execution on Windows Server OS : With this release of the SpAgent runtime, it will not be possible to activate or install a license on a Windows Server OS if the Allow Execution on Windows Server OS checkbox was unchecked when the license was issued.
This check is currently only supported in the full framework version of our runtime.
- Display Username correctly in Activation Proxy Exception : In situations where customers have experienced proxy issues when activating, a blank username is displayed in the exception. This has now been fixed.