Registering a new user in your Software Potential account involves creating a new user and assigning the required permissions to that user. The user receives an invitation email containing a registration link to complete the registration process.
To invite a new user to register in your software Potential account:
- Click on the Settings icon in the top navigation bar
- Select the Manage Users option and click New User button to invite a new user
- Enter the users email as a username, set required permissions, and click Send to send a registration email to the user.
Note: All user permissions are set to None by default and so you will need to set the required permissions for the user when registering the user. See Manage Permissions for more details on how to assign permissions to a user.
- Continue to add more users if required or click Back to Users to see list of users. In the list of users, the status of the new user is shown as Open Invitation.
- Expand the new user to see more details, including details of the open Invitation. Invitations are valid for 48 hours from time of issue. Both the time of issue and the expiration date are shown on the user details.
Even though the user has not completed the registration process you can now, if you wish, update the user's permissions and click Save to save the updated permissions.
If the user does not receive the initial email invitation it is possible to resend the invitation to the user by clicking the Resend button.
On clicking the registration link in the invitation email, the user is directed to a registration page where the user creates a new password. Once the user submits the new password the registration process is completed and the user is redirected to the Software Potential service login page
When registration is completed, the user status changes to Registered in the user list and you can expand the user to see assigned permissions.
Invitations that have not been accepted within 48 hours of being issued are automatically expired. On expiry the user status will change to Expired Invitation.
It is possible to resend an invitation to a user at any stage after it has expired.
Resend Expired Invitation
It is possible to resend an invitation to a user with an Expired Invitation status. This may be required in the event the initial invitation was either not received or not actioned by the user and the invitation has subsequently expired.
To resend an expired invitation:
- Select the expired invitation in the registered user view. You can search by Username or filter by the status Expired Invitation.
- Click Resend button to resend the invitation. The user status changes to Open Invitation and the updated date and time of the resent invitation are then shown.
Searching and Filtering Users
If you have a large number of users you can filter users by their registration status and/or search by username.
You can filter users by the registration status by selecting the required status - Open Invitation, Registered, Expired Registration - in the Filter box.
You can also search users by typing a partial user name in the Search box: