If you wish to license your product at a feature level you will need to add one or more features to your product definition.
Features are added to a Product Version. Each version of a product can have a different set of features. For example, a new feature Feature 2 is added in Version 2 of the sample "Demo App" application:
Each Feature is uniquely identified by its Name and may have an optional Description.
Add Feature to Product Version
To add a feature to a version of a product:
- Select Define and then Manage Products in the main navigation.
- Select the relevant Product Version in the list of products displayed.
- Click the Edit button to display the Edit Product form.
- In the Edit Features panel enter a Name and an optional Description for the feature.
While it is possible to rename a Feature this is NOT recommended once the feature has been either used in a license check in an application and/or included in a license.
- Click the "+" button to save the feature.
- Repeat the last two steps for each Feature to be added.
You can now optionally group features into Feature Sets.