To simplify the process of adding Features to a license at time of issue you can group related Features into Feature Sets. These Feature Sets can then be used when
- Creating new custom licenses using Issue → Custom.
- Updating existing licenses using Issue → Reissue License.
When a Feature Set is added to a license at time of issue all features in the feature set are automatically added to the license.
The name of the Feature Set is NOT added to the license, just the features in the Feature Set.
A set of limitations is associated with each Feature added to a Feature Set:
- Max Concurrent Usage
- Max Total Usage
- Expire Days
- Gather usage
The default value for each of these limitations can be overwritten when adding the feature to the feature set.
Add Feature Set to Product Version
It is not possible to rename a Feature Set once it has been created.
To add a feature set to a version of a product:
- Select Define and then Mange Products from the main navigation panel.
- Select the relevant Product Version in the list of product versions displayed, and click the Edit button to display the Edit Product form.
- In the Edit Feature Set panel enter a New Feature Set name and click "+" button to save.
- In the Available Features panel now displayed, select one or more Features to add to the Feature Set and click Add Selected button.
- The Features in Set panel now lists all the Features currently included in the Feature Set. The default limitations associated with each Feature are also displayed.
The Available Features panel lists the remaining features that can still be added to the feature set if required.
- To remove a feature from the set select the feature in the Features in Set panel and click the Remove button.
- To update the default value of the limitations on a Feature if required:
- Select the relevant Feature in the Features in Set panel.
- Click Edit button to display the Edit Feature form.
- Set the required values for each of the limitations to be updated.
- Click Save to return to the main Edit Product form.
- When satisfied with the Feature Set contents, click the Save button to save the new Feature Set.
The new Feature Set is now listed in the Feature Sets drop down in the Edit Feature Sets panel.