A set of limitations is associated with each Feature added to a Feature Set:
- Max Concurrent Usage (Default value is UNLIMITED)
- Max Total Usage (Default value is UNLIMITED)
- Expire Days (Default value is 0)
- Gather Usage (Default value is FALSE)
When a Feature Set is added to a license each feature in the set, including its limitations as set in the Feature Set, is added to the license individually.
In a Feature Set it is possible to update the default values for a feature's limitations. A Feature included in multiple Feature Sets may have different limitations set in each feature set. For example, a feature "Feature A" included in three Feature Sets (Basic, Standard and Enterprise) may have the following Total Usage values in the different Feature Sets:
Update Feature Limitations
To update a feature's limitations in a Feature Set:
- Select Define and then Mange Product from the main navigation.
- Select the relevant Product Version in the list of products displayed.
- Click the Edit button to display the Edit Product form.
The Features in Set panel lists all the Features currently included in the Feature Set and displays the limitations associated with each Feature.
- Select the feature to be updated in the Features in Set panel and click Edit to display the Edit Product form.
- Set the required value for each of the limitations to be updated and click Save to return to the main Edit Product form.
- In the Edit Product form click the Save button to save the updated Feature Set.
You can view the updated Feature Set via the Feature Set drop down; the Features in Set panel will display the limitations for each included feature.