Related features in a Product Version can be grouped into Feature Sets, and each Feature in the set can have default limitations/properties set. See Add Feature Set To Product Version for more details.
Adding a Feature Set to a license automatically adds all the individual Features in the set to the license. Each feature is added with its default limitations as specified in the Feature Set.
Once a Feature Set has been added it is possible to remove one or more of the features automatically added to the license as part of the Feature Set; it is also possible to add other features that were not included in the initial Feature Set.
A Feature Set can only be added to a license when issuing a Custom license. When issuing a license from a SKU the features included in the license are predefined in the SKU and cannot be changed when issuing the license.
Add Feature Set To License
To add a Feature Set to a license:
- Select the Product to be licensed.
- In the Available Features panel select the Feature Set to be added from the drop down list.
- The features in the Feature Set should now appear in the Features on License panel.
- The Available Features panel lists the remaining features that can be added to the license if required.
You can now add more features to the license and/or remove features automatically added to the license as part of the Feature Set.
Add Additional Features to License
Once you have added a Feature Set to a license you can add further features from the list of available Features.
When you add a Feature to a license from the Available Features the default values for ALL limitations are set to UNLIMITED.
To add additional features:
- Select the required features from the list in the Available Features panel and click the Add Selected button.
- The new features will be added to those listed in the Features on License panel. The Available Features panel lists the remaining features that can still be added if required.
Remove Features added as Feature Set
You can remove individual features that were automatically added to a license as part of a Feature Set.
To remove one or more features:
- Select the features to be removed in the Features on License panel and click the Remove Selected button.
- The selected features are removed from the license and appear in the Features Available panel.