You may wish to reissue a license for any of the following reasons:
- Add or remove license features
- Update feature limitations
- Extend time-limited licenses
- Convert between commercial and evaluation (non-commercial) license types
While it is technically possible to change lifecycle (e.g. from perpetual to subscription this is NOT recommended as such a conversion can lead to unexpected behavior for the application user.
You should update rather than reissue a license if you wish to do any of the following:
- Increase the Max Reactivation limit on the license
- Disable/enable activations of the license.
Please see Update a License for more details.
When you reissue a license the new license definition is stored as the latest revision of the license in the Software Potential service. When the license is next activated the license file generated and installed on the target machine will be based on the latest license revision. The license file will automatically replace the previously installed license file on the target machine.
Reissue a License
To reissue a license you:
- Select Issue → Reissue in the main navigation
- Search for the license to be reissued e.g. using the Activation Key
- Select the license to be reissue and click Reissue button.
- Update the license as required and then click Issue button to create a new revision of the license.
When your customer reactivates the license on a device, the new license file is downloaded and installed, automatically replacing the earlier revision of license file installed on the device.
View License Revisions
To retrieve all revisions of a license:
- Select Search → License in the main navigation
- Set the History checkbox in the license search screen
- Enter the required search criteria and click Search button.
The search results will include all revisions of the required license. You can then select and view the details of each license revision returned.